Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » How to choose the correct Horn??
How to choose the correct Horn?? [message #42914] Wed, 05 November 2003 19:39 Go to previous message
Jeremy Bridge is currently offline  Jeremy Bridge
Esquire
I was directed this way by members from another board, they commented there is an all knowing man here named Wayne that would most likely have the answers I am looking for? :)

So on to my question. I am in the process of building new cabinets for my PA rig. It will be a medium size 4 way rig. I have decided on the 300hz-85hz-down range, but I am in need of guidance for 300hz +

Right now my plans for this consist of 8 two way cabinets with one 12" and 2" compression driver each. Ideally I would like to horn load the 12" but it will probably end up being front loaded, as I lack the experience to correctly design a horn loaded midrange, and cannot find any solid plans for building one, which I know will sound nice. (open to sugestions)

Right now I am goning to use either a Kappa Pro 12, or a B&C PE32 12" for the midrange.

But my real question lies in the mid/high 2" horn. I am confused on how to choose the correct horn flare for the compression driver. I will be using either a Zomax 2445, or a Selenium 3300TI (depending on funds). I would like a 60x40 dispersion, and for the horn to go down to 1000hz. But past that I really do not know how to go about choosing the horn as it seems manufactures provide little information about them.

If anyone can shed some light on this mater I would greatly apreciate it!

Thank you!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Journal of a First-time Builder - Pt 1: Assembly
Next Topic: Anyone good with Speaker Workshop???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 16:06:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio