Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » I need some advice from the experts.
I need some advice from the experts. [message #42642] Wed, 08 October 2003 16:20 Go to next message
Justus Johnston is currently offline  Justus Johnston
Esquire
I just received a pair of quality speakers, and am now trying to sell them. While I am something of a novice home audio buff, I know next to nothing about speakers of this calibur. I'm selling the pair off in an auction, but I thought I'd get some advice since some of you seem to know what you're talking about. Please look at my auction! What I'd like to know is: is there any information I ought to add to the item description, and more importantly, is the price good? I mean, can I reasonably expect to sell the pair for that price? I did my homework on the speakers, and discovered that they retail for about $1200 apeice, so I figured $2000 for the pair should be a good buy (esp. with thrown in shipping). What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3051969960

eBay auction [message #42646 is a reply to message #42642] Wed, 08 October 2003 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Sorry, never heard of 'em.

Maybe lower your initial price and let the bidders bring it up?

Since you're in OKC, you should come to the Great Plains audio club meetings! If you're interested, watch this forum for more information; Alternately, I can send info to your Yahoo address.

Wayne Parham

Not a real expert, but.. [message #42649 is a reply to message #42642] Thu, 09 October 2003 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bubbawat is currently offline  Bubbawat
Chancellor
The higher end folks tend to be very knowledgable and when they don't know the answer tend to know someone who does. To sell to them you really need specifics like detailed specifications, types of drivers, crossover specs, etc. They are also deal shoppers, so a used $2400 retail would go to them significantly lower than $2000.

Good luck on the sale.

Re: Not a real expert, but.. [message #42659 is a reply to message #42649] Thu, 09 October 2003 15:59 Go to previous message
Justus Johnston is currently offline  Justus Johnston
Esquire
I really don't know what any of those specs are. I don't know much about PA at all....but you think $2000 is asking too much? Oh, by the way, they AREN'T used. I thought I mentioned in the description that they are brand new. I only briefly removed one of them to check it out first. Anyways, thanks for the comments. I'm sorry to bother you guys with this. I just kind of acquired these from an auction earlier, and I really don't know much about this level of audio. Thank you guys so much for your help. The main problem is that I just have no way of checking what these sell for normally (since, as has been mentioned already, it's not a well-known brand).
Previous Topic: Plans For Stage Series 6 Pi
Next Topic: Audiophile series 7 question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 00:37:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout