Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Newbie . . . needs help . . .
Newbie . . . needs help . . . [message #42541] Mon, 22 September 2003 12:42 Go to next message
d.klein is currently offline  d.klein
Esquire
Hello All . . .
Yes, I'm new to this forum - I was directed to it by my 'home' forum which is woodworking-focused.
Here's the story:
I'm a professional custom cabinet/furniture builder with a daughter who is a member of the local high school's drill/dance team. The team performs, primarily, during half-time at football games, using the team's amplifier, CD player, and two speakers (that volunteers like me move from the high school to the football field). Though the two speakers are marginally adequate (well, not really), two more would, I have to believe, make their performances much better.
So, I'd like to donate my time/expertise in building the two speakers, but I have no idea about what I would need in terms of speaker cabinet dimensions/plans, which specific eletronics/drivers are required, and where to purchase them.
Obviously, total cost is an issue (again, I'll donate my time and cabinet materials costs); the team (or their parents) will pay for the electronics.
The question: am I at the right place to get some guidance in this endeavor, or is there some other forum somewhere that is more appropriate? Thanks, in advance, for any/all help.
Re: Newbie . . . needs help . . . [message #42542 is a reply to message #42541] Mon, 22 September 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'd suggest the Stage, Premium or Professional Series four π speakers would be great for what you're wanting. The Theater Series four π Speakers would serve you well too, but I think I'd rather have the "industrial strength" models for what you're planning to do with them.

The Stage, Premium and Professional Series four π speakers are relatively small and so they're easy to carry. They also are made for heavy-duty use so they're very durable, even when punished. Bass response is adequate, but would benefit from a subwoofer when used outdoors.

Look around on the π Speakers website to see which of these speakers best suits your needs, considering price, performance and price. Then let me know which model you're interested in and I'll send you the plans.

Re: Newbie . . . needs help . . . [message #42545 is a reply to message #42541] Mon, 22 September 2003 18:48 Go to previous message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

This is the place you need. Purchase the 4pi Stage series. Its the least expensive of the pro sound models. This gains you smaller cabinet size to haul around and more watt handling capacity. If you dont have large amplifiers then it gains you extra safety. The kits Wayne sells has all the drivers and electronics. You just build cabinets and assemble.

Bill

Previous Topic: Omega18 vs Selenium18 sub
Next Topic: JBL 2440
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 16 07:16:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers