Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne, remember a text based game called "Ferret"?
Re: "You're in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike." [message #42523 is a reply to message #42522] Thu, 18 September 2003 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlharden is currently offline  jlharden
Viscount
Hi Wayne,

The yahoo account is the only active account. It's swallowed a few 2 mb files before so it may fit. If not maybe you can just type it all out! Ha! J

I played ferret.. [message #42524 is a reply to message #42507] Fri, 19 September 2003 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bubbawat is currently offline  Bubbawat
Chancellor
At the time it was running on a DEC PDP11, so it was at least available there. It was both Zork like and Adventure like. If I remember correctly (and that is difficult at my age) it was darned hard to get out of the initial meadow and underground to have the adventure...

Of course I could be wrong - it was quite some time ago..

Henry

Re: "You're in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike." [message #42565 is a reply to message #42518] Thu, 25 September 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrappe is currently offline  mrappe
Esquire
When i saw this post. I was taken back to 1978 when I was playing the game on a mainframe. I think I still have the fortran printout of the game code in my attic. I was working on modifying it to make my own game. I spent a year and lots of paper playing that game.

Mike Rappe

Re: "You're in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike." [message #42569 is a reply to message #42565] Thu, 25 September 2003 15:29 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
It brings back some fond memories, doesn't it? I remember some evenings probably very similarly to what you recall. In the office late at night, with the lights out and the only thing illuminating the room was the frontpanel to a Data General Eclipse C330 and the master console. Type a sentence, and the lights flickered, Zebra drive shaking like a washing machine on spin cycle from the inertia of its massive 90 pound linear motor.

Like you, I kept the printouts. They made a sort of a story book, and a good one at that. I actually have a printout on greenbar paper - now yellowed - that has the entire story, start to finish. I completed the game in order to make a complete printout that would form a book.

Remember the control room at the dam? How about the coal mine?

Previous Topic: pi 18 2 inch driver replacement
Next Topic: carpet covered 4Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 21:32:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout