Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Biamping floor monitors instead of passive xover?
Biamping floor monitors instead of passive xover? [message #42459] Sat, 13 September 2003 14:46 Go to previous message
insolace is currently offline  insolace
Esquire
Hi,
I recently damaged the passive crossover in my floor monitors, so I'm considering just biamping them. The monitors use 12" woofers (i can't find the brand/model for the life of me, they were custom made by a friend who I've lost contact with), and motorolla CTS 1188a piezo drivers which are screwed in to the woofers. I've read that I might want to wire a 8 ohm 20 watt resistor in paralell over the terminals of the piezo driver, but I wanted to know if I needed to do this in an active/biamped situation.
Also, is biamping in this situation worth it? I can get another amplifier and I already have an active crossover that I'm not using, but will I notice a difference in the quality/loudness of the system? It's easier for me because I've never built a passive crossover (although I don't think it's beyond my abilities), but I want to know if this is going to be more of a pain in the ass than it's worth (i now have to use 2 amps and a 2 space crossover where I only had to use an amp before).

-eric

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Help me out guys... Midrange
Next Topic: 133db,magic cabin gain,SPL meters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 05:42:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio