Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Great Plains Audio Club Meeting
Re: Upstate, eh? yeah but further on up! [message #42405 is a reply to message #42403] Tue, 09 September 2003 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi Gary,

Shcenectady is a good old town. I love the old industries like GE too. I dont think they are doing much there these days. At least not the massive motors and generators they used too.

Rochester is still almost 200 miles west! Good 4 hours. I made it to Steve's house for the New England Bottle head meet in 6 hours this spring. I cant go this weekend The wife has me all signed up for a bicycle ride someplace.

I'll have a audio club meeting at my house if a half dozen people can show up.

Are you going to the NE Bothead ?

Bill

Believe it or not 250 watts can come from a quad of EL34s [message #42438 is a reply to message #42389] Fri, 12 September 2003 07:01 Go to previous message
Scholl is currently offline  Scholl
Viscount
If the EL34s are run in ultr-pentode mode which is right at the edge of there specs 800v on the plate and 450v on the screen grid than up to 125watts per pair is possible. I had a Bogen KO100 that did 100 watts from a pair and sounded very good.

If you search the web enough there is a person who milked the 125 watts out of a pair.

Previous Topic: tiniest Pi speaker
Next Topic: Flush mounting and diffraction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 10:18:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout