Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Titanium compression drivers - can't seem to get good sound!!
Wayne's Pi Crossover and compression drivers [message #42402 is a reply to message #42398] Tue, 09 September 2003 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Hey Rob,

I checked out that Soundking website - a lot of their woofers use JBL part numbers, and look extremely similar in physical appearance. A bit of a pity they dont list any T/S specs, oh well - perhaps they arn't very good at reading english so they couldn't copy what JBL have done :P

Anyway, I couldn't find the comp drivers on the soundking website. Did you manage to find them?

I use Wayne's Pi Crossover on my horn/comp driver combo. The JBL 2370 provides the right curve needed and the D45 compression driver I use is also suitable. Below is the PA-D72 2" exit comp drivers curve:

I think that suits Waynes crossover pretty well. Below is the graph of the P.Audio 2380 horn:

It looks a bit weird, but it may be OK. Wayne should be able to answer this question better than I can. There is definitly a compensation circuit that could be used even if it had to be modified.

In any case, I think you will be happy with the PA-D72 compression drivers. They are the same series as my PA-D45's, so they are likely to sound pretty similar. And P.Audio isn't the typcial cheap crap either, it really does sound good, especially the PA and BM series if your afer a "smooth" sound that is nice. They sure do beat a lot of the typcial commercial dome tweeters and such.

Adrian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: WAYNE, help required for pi crossover
Next Topic: How to ID strange capacitor?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 15 17:30:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio