Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hi Wayne, logo question
Hi Wayne, logo question [message #42379] Sat, 06 September 2003 14:39 Go to next message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
Wayne,
I have at long last decided to construct some grilles for my Theater 4's. I think that some old school Fender oxblood and straw colored grille cloth would do nicely. I got thinking about how cool my brothers vintage guitar amps look and I think a big part of the look is the serious metal logo. What are the chances of me getting someone to punch or CNC a pair of Pi's for a reasonable cost? have you ever looked into this? Lastly, do you have a vector image file of the logo?
Thanks in advance for any ideas,
Thomas Fowler
Metal "π" logos [message #42381 is a reply to message #42379] Sat, 06 September 2003 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've got some silver logos that would be perfect for what you want. They have three legs that can be driven into the grille. Actually, these are made of polished pewter to keep costs down, but I've had them made in silver from time to time. Just send me an E-mail and refresh my memory of your address and I'll send you a pair.

Thats Great! [message #42383 is a reply to message #42381] Sat, 06 September 2003 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
You've got mail, Thanks

Thomas

Wowzers, I have 6 feet of #301..... [message #42384 is a reply to message #42379] Sat, 06 September 2003 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
oxblood whatever from TubesandMore.com sitting here waiitng for the Altec Pi's tp be done. And sitting, and sitting............
Just got another lesson from the Martinelli Veneerial School so I'm a step closer.
Cool idea, Sr. ToFo!
You've got good taste : ) [message #42385 is a reply to message #42384] Sun, 07 September 2003 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master

Re: Hi Wayne, logo question [message #42386 is a reply to message #42379] Sun, 07 September 2003 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric89GXL is currently offline  Eric89GXL
Esquire
Wayne, could you ship me a picture of the Pi logo, preferably of better quality than on this site (I am printing out a new Pi logo for my 2 Pi towers--the one that came with my speaker kit will disappear on my speakers). Whatever you can provide me would be appreciated. I have Photoshop and other graphics programs, so I can probably deal with whatever formatting you use.

Oh, and those silver emblems sound pretty tasteful.

Thanks,
Eric Larson

You've got mail! [message #42387 is a reply to message #42386] Sun, 07 September 2003 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've sent an image file that contains the logo. Let me know if you need anything else.

Grills on T4's [message #42404 is a reply to message #42379] Tue, 09 September 2003 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Hi Thomas,

I suggest that you make your grills easily removeable since I find that mine, using Parts Express grill cloth, definitely compromise the high frequencies and cut down on the detail in good recordings. They're OK for general listening but on those special late night sessions the grills just have to go.

G.

Re: Grills on T4's [message #42406 is a reply to message #42404] Tue, 09 September 2003 14:20 Go to previous message
Master
I have always disliked grille cloth for this very reason, but I must admit I was thinking in terms of easy install, so it is a good thing you spoke up. Thanks!

I want them to look framed in like the old amps. I could make the trim permanent and still leave a little ribbon hanging off the bottom of the grille frame so I can grab the grille and pull it out of the recess. Cool!

Thomas

Previous Topic: wayne- lab12 available
Next Topic: Eminence Magnum 15-LF - Anybody tried it?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 21:39:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio