Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Voice Coil Inductance
Re: Voice Coil Inductance [message #42308 is a reply to message #42306] Sat, 30 August 2003 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'll have a look at the papers you suggested as soon as I have a spare minute. I'm guessing the Adire tech sheet probably discusses things like Faraday rings and the like. I was impressed with this flux stabilization ring when JBL began using it to reduce second and third harmonics in the late 70's as they replaced alnico magnets with ferrite structures. They called it "Symmetrical Field Geometry" (SFG) and every driver in the Professional Series SFG, VGC and SVG lines have used this ever since.

Seems like I heard the Adire folks have begun doing the same thing these days, which leads me to believe they're using Eminence motors like are used in the Magnum series as their base design. If memory serves, Adire uses Eminence as their OEM source, so it follows that they would do this - The Magnum motors also use this technology. Eminence makes great products, so I was very happy to hear that they had begun to incorporate a flux stabilization ring in their new product offerings.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Time to bake a Pi?
Next Topic: Interpreting speaker response curves