Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater 7 pi corner horn plans please
Theater 7 pi corner horn plans please [message #42293] Thu, 28 August 2003 15:47 Go to next message
berlin is currently offline  berlin
Esquire
Wayne,

I've just been checking out the speakers and they look great. I think the Theater 7 pi corner horn has real potential and I'm interested in seeing what it will take to construct.

On your web site you list the complete price and the kit price. Can you please let me know what the difference is between the two?

Thanks,

berlin

You've got mail! [message #42294 is a reply to message #42293] Thu, 28 August 2003 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've sent the plans to you, but I'm not sure if Yahoo accounts will accept files with attachements this large. If you don't receive mail or I get an error saying your mailbox is full, we'll make other arrangements to get plans to you.

Completed speakers are just that - Fully assembled loudspeakers that are ready to play. Kits include the speaker drivers, the connector panel, hook up wires, "π" logo decal and a printed copy of the plans. For larger speakers that incorporate a compression tweeter and crossover network, kits also include the crossover, tweeter compensation cable assembly, Zobel woofer damper, and all cable assemblies are completed and ready to install. Every kit containing a compression driver also includes the horn flare and the bolts to mount the driver to the horn. So basically, a kit is everything you need except the cabinet, and the idea is that you will build them yourself or have a local cabinetmaker build them for you. Then you just install the components and you're ready to go.

Re: You've got mail! [message #42295 is a reply to message #42294] Thu, 28 August 2003 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Wayne,

Thanks very much - I received them fine! I'll look them over. One question I have is how large does the corner of the room have to be for the speakers? Right now I have a full wall on one side and about 8" on the other side.

Thanks,

berlin

Corners or not [message #42296 is a reply to message #42295] Thu, 28 August 2003 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

For seven π cornerhorns, I'd like to see three feet of unobstructed wall space from the corners at a minimum, and six feet would be better. These speakers are pretty forgiving of some corner shape imperfections, but you don't want the wall to be interrupted immediately by an entryway or something like that. If that's the case, you're better off with a pair of four π's instead.

Re: Corners or not [message #42298 is a reply to message #42296] Fri, 29 August 2003 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Wayne,

Thanks for the information. I don't have the corners by any means for the 7 π so I'd like to look at the Theater 4 π as per your recommendation. One thing I am looking for is speakers with a sensitivity of 100dB minimum - the more the better. The reason for this is that I want to build some truly flea-powered tube amps and 3/4 watt and 1 watt need all the help they can get.

Can you please send me the plans for the Theater 4 π speakers?

Thanks,

berlin

Plans sent [message #42299 is a reply to message #42298] Fri, 29 August 2003 03:34 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: Great Plains Audio Club Meeting
Next Topic: Off Topic: Got a nice new job!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 02 23:20:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio