Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Adjusting the capacitor value on the tweeter attenuator
Adjusting the capacitor value on the tweeter attenuator [message #42196] Sat, 16 August 2003 11:23 Go to previous message
Jerry Parker is currently offline  Jerry Parker
Baron
Hey Wayne! Well Mitch and I finally finished building the 3pi's, and they sound good! (They don't look so good though, cause we didnt have time to finish them :-\ ) I did think that the psd2002 still had too much energy though. So what I did was make 2 foot sections of 16awg wire and pull them out of the port on the front. I cut off the old .47mfd capacitor and soldered the jumper wires to the old capacitor lead points. I had some film and foil .33mfd caps around, so i hooked them up instead. something really WIERD is occuring though. I disconnect the capacitor out of the loop, and it seems that it makes NO difference in the sound!!! :-( I find it hard to believe I made the same mistake on BOTH speakers, and it still sounds good, with just a little less midrange. Do you have any idea on what is occuring? I plan on ordering some .22mfd caps in the future to try those out too.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Who powered up all their amps at once?
Next Topic: 10 Pi horn as an electric bass cabinet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 03:28:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout