Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Great Plains Audio Community Meeting
Great Plains Audio Community Meeting [message #42106] Mon, 04 August 2003 20:16 Go to next message
Phil Wilson is currently offline  Phil Wilson
Chancellor
This is my first post to the forum, but I met Wayne a couple of weeks ago and we thought we had enough of a "critical mass" to try to start a semi-regular audio meeting in green country (for those not familiar, green country is what we folks in Northeast Oklahoma call our corner of the state to distinguish it from the part you read about in The Grapes of Wrath).

Anyway, on Saturday, September 6, 2003 the Great Plains Audio Community will hold its inaugural get-together in Tulsa. This will be an informal meeting and everyone is welcome (audiophiles, spouses, people who like good music, homeless people who happen to be wandering by, etc.) We plan to start around 2pm and go until the last speaker is blown - or the end of the OU - Alabama game, whichever comes first.

The meeting will be hosted by me, and I live at 1426 E. 32nd Place in Tulsa which is basically at 33rd & Rockford in midtown (2 blocks east of 33rd & Peoria - if you need a map just email me). There will probably be a couple of places to listen to music, plus one spot for watching football (for those who care - I do). I'll grill something (probably brisket or other large quantity of meat suitable for feeding a large audience). Feel free to bring along something suitable for a cookout - just email back to the list what you intend to bring so we don't have 10 buckets of potato salad (by the way, Wayne is bringing potato salad). There will drinks provided (pop, water, beer, wine and probably some special concoction for the event), but feel free to provide some of your own libations if you want.

Feel free to bring along any music or audio equipment you want to show off, audition or just listen to. My system is a Zen 284 Select amp (from Decware), Fostex 206E's in 1.3L bass reflex cabinets (from Classic Audio - I didn't learn about Pi's or Wayne until a couple of weeks ago from Kevin Grier) and a Rega Planet CD player (using Cat5 as interconnects and speaker wire). If there is anything else you want to hear, bring it. The idea is for the event to be mainly eating, drinking and getting to know each other, with some listening squeezed in where it seems appropriate. I am especially anxious to hear Pi speakers on the Zen amp.

If anyone has any problems finding the house or has any other questions, call me at 918-361-4497. Looking forward to meeting everyone on September 6th

Re: Great Plains Audio Community Meeting [message #42108 is a reply to message #42106] Mon, 04 August 2003 22:48 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm really looking forward to it!

Previous Topic: Cabinet Finishing
Next Topic: Wanna hear something funny?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 29 12:25:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio