Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2 Pi Tower XOver
2 Pi Tower XOver [message #41962] Fri, 18 July 2003 15:38 Go to next message
JohnB is currently offline  JohnB
Esquire
Hi Wayne:

It's been about a year since I built a pair of 2 Pi towers. I've enjoyed them immensely. Being satisfied, I sort of drifted away from checking this forum on a regular basis.

I see from some older posts that there is a crossover now included on the design of the 2 Pi Tower. Am I correct? I have always thought that the end product was a little bright, but not by any means unpleasant or unusual - I would just like to hear a little more balance regarding the lower octaves (if that's possible).

Could I get the most recent plans for this speaker, or just the crossover? I'm already anticipating the end of summer, and it's time for me to plan my winter tinkering.

Thanks,

John A. Burns

Re: 2 Pi Tower XOver [message #41964 is a reply to message #41962] Fri, 18 July 2003 22:52 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Eminence changed the Alpha 10 and the specifications are a little bit different. You can distinguish the new part from the old by the color of the magnet label - The new speaker has a foil label.

Anyway, a 0.5mH coil was added in series with the midwoofer, which brings down the presence above 1kHz just a little bit. You can certainly add it to the older speakers - The difference is very slight but noticable. But the coil is really only intended to be used with the newer midwoofers, and I compared them with and without the coil in the post called "Coils on one π's and two π's."

This is the only circuit difference in the old and the new models - The addition of 0.5mH coil in series with the midwoofer. You can get a 0.5mH coil from Parts Express, part number 260-723.

Previous Topic: If I were to put 2 Delta Pro's in an 8.5 cu ft cab with 2- 5" diaX4 1/4" long.....
Next Topic: Theater 4 Pi Update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 10:48:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout