Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater Pi 4 bass response
Theater Pi 4 bass response [message #41756] Mon, 30 June 2003 16:20 Go to previous message
Neo is currently offline  Neo
Baron

I built my Theater 4 Pi's almost a year ago. I really like their sound but the bass has always been less than I want. The only changes I made to the design, was to use Acousta Foam from Parts Express rather than fiber-glass and I didn't stop at doing only three sides. I did all sides except the front where the drivers are mounted using the 1.5" foam. At first I did only the three sides, but after listening some and not finding the clearity in the mid-range, I padded the other 2 sides. They are now very nice in the midrange and highs, but I would like more bass. I've got some powered sub-woofers hooked up now, but they don't always sound right... a little sloppy sounding sometimes. I also have rebuilt the crossover using an Alpha Core flat wire inductor (same guage wire as original) in series with the woofer and Auricaps for the tweeter.

I don't have an SPL meter, but the bass seems much less than the Bottlehead Straight 8's.

Have I done something wrong ?

Tom

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message