Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Stage 4 question and request
Stage 4 question and request [message #41614] Sat, 14 June 2003 12:43 Go to next message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
Ok, I give in. The Stage series 4's have been in the back of my mind from the first time I looked into them. I have a funny feeling this is the sleeping giant of sound quality in the Eminence wing of the Pi Catalog. I overlooked it back when I did my first Pi's because I wanted the deep bass. I have since discovered that the Theater 4 is great in my big room, but too much bottom end for the mid and small rooms in my house. I think the Stage 4 would be about right for a more intimate HI-Fi only setting.

It seems to me that some Pi Speakers rigidly follow PiAlign and that some are an EBS variant. Also I suppose that some drivers and use plans tend to make a system better or worse for a closely coupled alignment that I have heard you speak of. Could you please give a few words about this, and specifically where the Stage 4 fits in the close coupled world. Is it a paragon of Pi-ness?

and of course, please send me plans.
Thomas

You've got mail! [message #41615 is a reply to message #41614] Sat, 14 June 2003 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The Stage four π is PiAligned. You're right that the box is oversized in some models to increase bass extension. The models with 18" woofers are the most common. But the Stage four π is not done that way. It's PiAligned.
Sweet! Thanks!! [message #41616 is a reply to message #41615] Sat, 14 June 2003 14:29 Go to previous message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master

Previous Topic: JBL 2226
Next Topic: Wayne, what's wrong with you?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 01:40:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio