Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » New Speaker with Deltalite
Re: New Speaker with Deltalite [message #41540 is a reply to message #41538] Wed, 04 June 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
SvenC is currently offline  SvenC
Esquire
I forgot to state that I did remove the top-octave compensation and only attenuated the signal on the tweeter (Its actually an Esg3, typo - oops). The response graph does show a small drop of 2-3dbs at 17K or so. I really haven't noticed it in reality though.

The Esg really sounds wonderfull. Very smooth and natural, the air on cymbals is very close to live in my opinion. I did use an Eminence PSD2002 with their horn (using the pi compensation network) for a couple of days before the Esgs arrived. While this was at work, before I moved the speakers home, I found the ribbons more refined overall with a wider soundstage. I could really live with the PSD2002. The crossover is external so I can change it quickly - I may have to try the compression drivers at home to hear the difference again, but right now the ribbons sound so good its a low priority.

Hopefully I'll have the components soon for the zobel. The midrange sounds good right now even without it, the woofer's Le is .71mh with a 58 ohm Zo, so maybe the crossover's inductor is damping the peak a bit? I was going to run a spice sim. but haven't yet.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Oh, I like that!
Next Topic: Need an educated guess from someone more knowledgable:
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 01 10:23:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects