Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » new xo question - light dawns!
Re: new xo question - light dawns! [message #41391 is a reply to message #41387] Thu, 15 May 2003 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If you put an additional 8 ohms resistance in series with the tweeter, you would increase attenuation about 3dB. I ran it in Spice and expected to find additiinal peaking, but really didn't see it. Then again, I simply increased the value of R1, when actually, R1 is after the shunt value R2 and your added resistance will be placed before it. Still, the quick check of simply changing R1 to add 8 ohms gives a pretty good indication, and it shows 3dB difference.

About the woofer section of the crossover, that really is a bummer. And I'm having a hard time following this. I'd like to see you have all the bugs worked out by Saturday, but I think the best thing might be to send them to me and let me have a look at them. The way to do this is to measure for continuity with a meter to isolate the problem. It may be a simple matter where the problem is obvious. Or it may be something like a cracked etch or bad connection, in which case it may have continuity sometimes, and then lose it with the presence or absence of pressure on some particulat part or place on the board. But I think it's just gonna take some inspection to find out.

I'm sorry to see it buggin' you. That kind of stuff is really frustrating.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Resistor values to take the 2123 down 6, please
Next Topic: Any interest in a port calculator???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 20 02:26:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio