Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi Speakers Crossover SPICE values
Pi Speakers Crossover SPICE values [message #41315] Tue, 13 May 2003 02:48 Go to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey Wayne.

I downloaded Spice today and opened the pi crossover files. However I have a few problems trying to run the transfer function graph: It askes for the "Small-signal Output Varible" and also the "Small-signal input source". I went to the Help files, and entered the example ones, it said enter v(8) and vin, and it came up with a small box with three things in it, and three numbers, but no transfer function graph?! What should I do? Maybe I should stick with using the 1.6KHz compensation values on the 1KHz crossover? I do want it done properly though.... I would like to avoid as much guessing as possible.

R1, R2 and C1 change the compensation values.... how can I change these values in spice? I think it has something to do with the (+)node and (-)node values in Spice.... but they dont seem to change the value of the component next to it.

! Compensation components

component____(+)node___(-)node___value
R1__________3________1________16
C1__________3________1________0.47uF

! Pre-compensation load
R2__________3________0________16

Which one(s) of these should be changed?

BTW: How much compensation should be used? I think the graph you showed me before was for a two inch driver, which needs more compensation. I will probably do some ear tests as well in case it is too much/little compensation, so I can change it, which is why I need to know how to use Spice for this :-)

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Adrian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Cornerhorns, revisited