Home » Audio » General » Lone Star Audio Fest
Lone Star Audio Fest [message #4115] Wed, 07 March 2007 05:03 Go to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hello ART members. I know all the regulars on this forum are aware of the Lone Star Audio Fest, so this message might be redundant here, but I wanted everybody to be aware that I'm posting it this week on the other audio forums:

The Lone Star Audio Fest will be held at the Embassy Suites Market Place in Dallas on May 4th, 5th, and 6th. Unlike the other shows, LSAF exhibitors make their own hotel reservations and don't pay a fee for participating. The show is free for visitors too. It's all very informal, and because there's no fee many small non-mainsteram vendors who couldn't afford to participate in the big expensive shows come to the LSAF. For this year we have made it even easier by getting a $99/nite rate for a two room suite, so it's not necessary to have the bed removed, and an exhibitor can sleep in the bedroom and exhibit in the other room.

For the last two years the event was held in Tulsa and called the Great Plains Audio Fest. For 2007 we decided to move it to Dallas to make it more accessible to all the audiophiles in the Dallas Fort Worth area, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, etc.

The LSAF is different from other audio shows. It's the audio equivalent of an old-time market day, where on a certain day of the month all the people wanting to sell something would set up stalls in the town square and the townpeople would come and buy, or just look and socialize. Exhibitors will be there with tube and solid state amps, speakers, cables, isolation products, etc. Members of the Lone Star Bottleheads, the Dallas Audio Club, and the Great Plains Audio Club have also reserved suites and will exhibit their DIY components and speakers. Seminars are scheduled for the Saturday of the fest.

See this link for a list of participants, directions, pictures, contact information, etc. No rsvp or tickets are required for visitors, just come and have a good time. There's still room for additional exhibitors too, so if you decide to come contact Wayne Parham, who will include a link to your company's web page on the exhibitor list.

http://www.lonestaraudiofest.com/

Re: Lone Star Audio Fest [message #4116 is a reply to message #4115] Wed, 07 March 2007 13:21 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I really love this show. The level of interaction people have with one another is excellent. All the exhibitors are very approachable, and the lost cost of exhibiting is unprecedented. It makes it possible for everyone to be there.

The RMAF is another fine show, with lots of really great companies represented. But the cost for each exhibitor is several thousand dollars, which is cost prohibitive for many smaller companies. In my opinion, the high cost for exhibitors is just not necessary. We've got the best of both worlds at LSAF, the stratosphere expensive high-end and the lower-cost DIY companies are both welcome at LSAF. That makes the Lone Star Audiofest extremely attractive to me.

Previous Topic: User manuals, service manuals, brochures, schematics, pictures, audio, video, photo, gsm phones, ...
Next Topic: Lone Star Bottleheads - Dallas, March 3rd
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 04 21:15:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout