Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » OT, mechanical nightmares
Re: OT, mechanical nightmares [message #41135 is a reply to message #41131] Sat, 26 April 2003 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! You're reminding me of my slip right before Christmas when I had a thermostat fail in the Accord family car. Got it home, and it was at the end of the bottom hose, with a zillion vacuum connections, etc. Got lazy, decided that rather than take an hour to disconnect and reconnect all of them, I would take it to the nearby PepBoys, breaking one of my own cardinal rules. Got a call later that they had broke the housing the thermostat fits in... and couldn't find another one. I got on the phone with Honda dealers, found one, they went out to pick it up, and forgot the gaskets. Then said they couldn't do it before Christmas cause they couldn't get the gaskets. Few other new problems followed, the manager and I agreed it would be best if they towed it, at their expense, to my regular mechanic. Turned out they also had the wrong thermostat they were trying to install! Was a royal pain finishing Christmas shopping and doing holiday activities with 3 teens in a 911!

Every once in a while we get a good life lesson...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Question on damping a midrange sub-enclosure
Next Topic: 1 inch driver for 4 pi
Goto Forum: