Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Corner horn suggestions
Corner horn suggestions [message #41112] Tue, 22 April 2003 22:27 Go to next message
Dave Callan is currently offline  Dave Callan
Esquire
Hello Wayne and others,

I'm moving soon and will finally have a dedicated listening room. Room dimensions about 15' by 12' with 7.5' ceilings, two good corners and a concrete floor. I want to try some corner horns for use with about 8 watts of tube power. I can't make the thermionic 7's fit but anything else is possible. What would you suggest for best sound quality? Ideally, I'ld like to use the PS2002's I already have on hand.

Regards,

Dave Callan

Re: Corner horn suggestions [message #41116 is a reply to message #41112] Wed, 23 April 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I'm partial to the JBL Professional Series stuff, so I'd most like to see you build Professional Series seven π or seven π-18 speakers, both which use JBL components. You can certainly use your PSD2002's with them, and just run JBL for the other components. The PSD2002 is a great part for the money, so it makes a lot of sense to run the JBL's for the woofers and midrange and the Eminence for the top.

Another couple of options that are great are the Stage Series and the Theater Series. I think the Stage Series sevens are quite impressive for the money, sounding much like the Professional Series seven π speakers. I'm running some on a pair of 2 watt Paramour monoblocks and the sound is excellent.

The Theater Series six π speakers are another good choice, and they'll really hit the low notes for a relatively small package and not a lot of dough.

Re: Corner horn suggestions [message #41120 is a reply to message #41116] Wed, 23 April 2003 18:44 Go to previous message
Mover Dave is currently offline  Mover Dave
Esquire
Thanks for the information. I'll do some more research and get some plans from you soon.

Regards,

Dave Callan

Previous Topic: Wayne -- anyone? Dual ducted vents possible w/Pi Alignment?
Next Topic: plans for 12" folded horn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 03:04:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout