Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Motor subenclosure baffle cutout on 10Pi
Motor subenclosure baffle cutout on 10Pi [message #41097] Mon, 21 April 2003 06:37 Go to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne, (or who ever can answer)
I am a little confused with the ten PI plans. Is this motor subenclosure a separate box that sits in a notch cut in the side panels? Or does the sides of the box form the "sides" of the motor subenclosure? The plan page entitled "Motor subenclosure baffle cutout" is also confusing me. Not complaining about the plans, I'm just easily confused! It shows the panel of the sub enclosure with a round cut out for the driver and a rectangular one for the port. Below this illustration is the panel with a rectangular cutout for the high frequency flare. To the right of these two illustrations is one which is rectangular in shape, and whose dimensions seem to be for the sides of the motor enclosure. At first I thought they were the top and bottom of this motor subenclosure, and the sides of the main cabinet would form the sides. Equally mystifing to me is what does form the top and bottom of this subenclosure?

Befuddled,
Russellc

Re: Motor subenclosure baffle cutout on 10Pi [message #41103 is a reply to message #41097] Mon, 21 April 2003 08:13 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The plans are hard to read sometimes. But I'll try to answer your questions about it. Maybe you can look at the pictures of the cutaway views on the website and visualize how it all comes together.

The sides of the motor chamber are basically extended to form the sides of the flare. In most cases, this common side is made from a single sheet of plywood. As such, the motor chamber is attached to the flare. We've made some versions I called a "road horn" where the horn came apart and was held together with clamps. Each section was gasketed with compressible rubber. In this case, the flare and motor chamber are separate but the basic layout is the same.

Previous Topic: Smaller corner horns
Next Topic: Pi design and wooden horns(Edgar & Martinelli)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 16:40:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio