Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » MAC user needs 600hz round Tractrix horn profile.
MAC user needs 600hz round Tractrix horn profile. [message #40883] Sun, 06 April 2003 11:37 Go to next message
arcdesigns is currently offline  arcdesigns
Esquire
Hi Guys,

I have a pair of P Audio SD-450s that I will be using with horn loaded PHL 3820s (actual horn design of the PHLs still pending and I may even jump up to PHL 12s) and would like to make a round Tractrix horn.

Because I am a MAC user I am unable to use the Hornresp program but looking at posts here it looks like it is able to render the horn profile.

I did find a formula on the net, and have been able to calculate the profile, however it only generates the profile based on the cutoff and takes no other information into account.

If someone here is willing to spend a little time and get it right I would be happy to PayPal them a few bucks (do let me know first).

Thanks in advance.

At the bottom of the post is the clickable link to the SD-450s on the P Audio site. Directly below are 2 copy past links for additional information.

LINK to recommended horn for SD-450:

http://www.paudio-europe.com/products/db_product_6_14_ph-3220.htm

LINK to PHL 3820 Data sheet:

http://www.phlaudio.com/datasheets/25_pdf/3820.pdf

Try a PC emulator for your MAC [message #40887 is a reply to message #40883] Sun, 06 April 2003 16:25 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It sounds like you have everything you need to describe the flair well enough to have the horn made. If you want the response curve, I suggest one of the PC emulators for the MAC, and then you can run Hornresp.

Previous Topic: I don't know much
Next Topic: Ten Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 23:14:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout