Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » I don't know much
I don't know much [message #40872] Sat, 05 April 2003 14:48 Go to next message
GoodEarBadSmarts is currently offline  GoodEarBadSmarts
Esquire
Can some one give me a site or something that explains alot about speakers/cabinets/how they are put together/how they work/etc? I'm really amateur of this stuff, I want to learn more
Check the local library [message #40874 is a reply to message #40872] Sat, 05 April 2003 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
There are lots of good books on electronics and on audio, so you could check your local public or university libraries. You can also peruse this forum because there is a wealth of information contained herein.
SUPER ADVICE [message #40881 is a reply to message #40874] Sun, 06 April 2003 10:13 Go to previous message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
Wayne's remark about the local library is good advice. At my local branch, they had a electronics education book with CD that included circuit simulation lessons, even had a chapter on active filter using op amps. ANYBODY who is serious about slinging solder or sawdust should learn more about the basics, and the library is the place to do it.
Look for the "Great Sound Stereo Speaker Manual" by David Weems. Lots of basics covered. Good luck. Let us know what you find when you go, it might inspire others to go look...maybe someone will find another good beginners (or advanced) reference book to tell us about. Sam

Previous Topic: A Really Stupid Question
Next Topic: MAC user needs 600hz round Tractrix horn profile.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 11 22:11:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio