Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Question for Wayne Re: Paramour Parafeed caps with Pi Theater 4's
Question for Wayne Re: Paramour Parafeed caps with Pi Theater 4's [message #40761] Fri, 28 March 2003 04:48 Go to previous message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Hi Wayne,

Since you are building Paramours I thought you would like to see this post from the Bottlehead forum. I was wondering if you would comment on the particulars of the issue relative to the Theater 4's specific impedance characteristics. I should mention that in my case, I have up-graded the iron in my 'Mours to larger Magnequest components so any recommendations for my set-up would differ from stock. However, it seems that the parafeed circuit is instrumental in gaining superior performance from these low powered SE amps. I can personally vouch for a significant improvement in all criteria of performance when I went from a 4uF cap to a 5.6uF. I plan on trying other sizes but as these caps have to be rated at least 600V it can get pretty expensive.
So, it would be great to get your input on what's going on with the variables as described by Paul Joppa and possibly integrating the characteristics of the Pi speakers; esp. the Theater 4's if you don't mind.

Thanks!

Garland

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Can somebody please tell me if this Tractrix design is correct
Next Topic: Paramours and other goodies for LIMA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 05:53:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio