Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » DIY on a beer budget
DIY on a beer budget [message #40629] Thu, 13 March 2003 10:25 Go to next message
Bob Track is currently offline  Bob Track
Esquire
I'm looking for speakers for a friend who is on a tight budget. he is very handy and is able to go DIY he has a Consonance 100 watt SS intergrated amp. Which model of PI speaker would suit him. Thanks any feedback would be highly appreciated
Re: DIY on a beer budget [message #40630 is a reply to message #40629] Thu, 13 March 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
With 100 watts on tap, I expect any model will work well. Budget and size restraints will probably dictate the choice more than anything else.
Re: DIY on a beer budget [message #40631 is a reply to message #40629] Thu, 13 March 2003 11:42 Go to previous message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
I'm sure people here would like to help, but a bit more info would help. Like WHAT is the budget more acurately, how large may the speakers be, what kinda music & how loud does your friend like to play?

One opportunity could be the 2pi Towers - they combine reasonable size (46" X 16" X 13" - meaning they are large compared to many 'normal' hifi speakers, but on the small side compared to many other Pi speakers) with a wide frequency range & a very reasonable price ($108.62 a pair). There's also the normal 2pi's - cost the same, measures 22" X 15" X 10". They haven't got the same deep bass as the Towers, though.

Lots of other possibilities - maybe someone else have suggestions.

Previous Topic: Pi suggestions?
Next Topic: 2 pi questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 17:08:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout