Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » i'm offering fellow pi-mates 20% off
i'm offering fellow pi-mates 20% off [message #40561] Thu, 06 March 2003 15:39 Go to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
they're winning bid. c'mon gang, help me out!!!! that means all of you! baker, martinelli, epstein, luxmanlover, tofo, samP, and of course wayne!

george

Re:A fool and his money....... [message #40564 is a reply to message #40561] Thu, 06 March 2003 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Why not one of those Fassasssumbichi's that held the record vertically? One of the worst kept secrets in audio is what a piece of krap the Rabcp arm was. The player was shown in some Dustin Hoffman movie 'cause he played sousa marches in the morning. They must have dubbed the music because out of the box they wouldn't track.
Tell you what, I'll donate $10 to your winning bid. Collect at MAF.
Re:A fool and his money....... [message #40565 is a reply to message #40564] Thu, 06 March 2003 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
THAT is about tghe funniest thing I've seen tonight, other than the cocker spaniel humping one of the kids Barney dolls.......
Re:A fool and his money....... [message #40567 is a reply to message #40565] Thu, 06 March 2003 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
I'm just in it for another cigar.

niente sconto necessita

Re:Bmar stands in against the Rabco, fouls one [message #40576 is a reply to message #40567] Fri, 07 March 2003 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
off with 3 days to go. Don't forget I've got a tenner on this. Should I bring my lignum vitae carpenter's mallet to Lima so I can collect on my investment?
Re:A fool and his money....... [message #40582 is a reply to message #40567] Sat, 08 March 2003 09:19 Go to previous message
Jeff Robinson is currently offline  Jeff Robinson
Chancellor
I still have my 20+ year old ST-7. It died 10+ years ago when I tried to use it and the drive tire (O ring) smeared itself onto the rolling drive cylinder. A PITA cleaning later, replaced the O-ring and adjusted the drive angle using the rotary adjustment on the back of the arm carriage and it worked again (it can be adjusted to drive too fast so the carriage precedes the arm across the record). I use my Thorens so the Rabco would need to be serviced if I tried to use it again. I like it's looks but it's high maintenance. I mostly liked the frictionless vertical bearing in the arm pivot and the ability to track records at minimum tracking force.

Jeff (I even have 2 old ST-4's gathering dust in a closet) Robinson

Previous Topic: lastest project pics
Next Topic: speaking of 6DJ8 crossover...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 08 11:28:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio