Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » B&C vs P.Audio compression drivers
Re: B&C vs P.Audio compression drivers [message #40544 is a reply to message #40533] Wed, 05 March 2003 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Thanks for the advice!

I did notice the high reccomended cutoff of the B&C as well. I checked out the two P.Audio drivers you mention, the PA-D45 looks nice, with reccomend 1K xover freq. I am using the Pi Crossover, at either 800Hz or 1.6KHz (have not decided yet). I'm thinking that the PA-D45 is designed for PA use (hence the model number!) so it may sound like crap for Hi-Fi purposes? I did also look at the BM-D450, it looks nice too, but reccomened xover of 2.2K and freq range of 1.5K to 20KHz :( What do you think of the P.Audio SD line? The SD-450 N has fs=750Hz, and freq range of 500-20KHz. The freq response graph can be seen below:

http://www.paudio-europe.com/products/db_product.htm?v_tipo=2&v_tipo_desc=DRIVERS&v_num_series=13&v_des_series=SD-SERIES&v_id_art=284

I am not sure what horn this is measured on though. Maybe you can just let me know if you think its a worthwhile driver?

Oh ya, do you think titanium is the best for the diaphram?

Thanks for your help so far! Adrian

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 10 Pi question for Wayne
Next Topic: Is there a good substitute for r13?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 03 16:15:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio