Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Speakers plans
Speakers plans [message #40526] Tue, 04 March 2003 22:32 Go to next message
wasteh202 is currently offline  wasteh202
Master
Hello Wayne, the 2Pi Towers are sounding great, I don't think my son could be happier with them (well maybe if he had a tube amp). One question for you on the Towers. I read a post from you that stated that you could drive them "all day long" with 100wpc. I happend to tell that to my son and he remembered it (ha, am I ever paying for that mistake).

Well, the question is; if you turn up the treble and bass controls to the max and turn the "loudness" switch on, are you not sending a abnormal amount of LF to the bass driver that could damage it at high amp output levels? I hear the room shake and hear the thumping and besides being concerned for his ears wonder if the drivers will hold up. I tell you that sometimes they look like they just might jump right out of the box! What do you think Wayne? I guess the cones will probably hold up better than his ears but it has been on my mind to ask you so here I am.

Oh... I did want to ask you for plans and I almost forgot. You already sent me the plans for the Theater 4's but now I am considering building the Theater 7 Corner Horn. I just can't resist all that sensitivity. Lots of DB's with one mere watt. I just might go with the Zen amp if I do build them.

Could you please send me the plans for that speaker so I can see what I am in for? Thanks Wayne.

I hope you still have my e-mail.

You've got mail! [message #40527 is a reply to message #40526] Tue, 04 March 2003 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm glad you're happy with the speakers. They'll handle every bit of 100 watts, so don't be afraid to send them the juice.

About the plans for seven π cornerhorns, check your inbox. You've got mail!

Re: Thanks [message #40530 is a reply to message #40527] Wed, 05 March 2003 03:43 Go to previous message
wasteh202 is currently offline  wasteh202
Master
Thanks for your answers and thanks for the plans, Wayne you are one cool dude!
Previous Topic: Questions for Till E
Next Topic: I need the Kick to kick drums
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 04:47:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout