Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » I'm not only a member....
I'm not only a member.... [message #40427] Wed, 26 February 2003 16:58 Go to previous message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master

I'm now an owner of a SACD player! after returning the CE775 i got for 120 as the last one in the store. It didnt work . I got a Sony NC 650V. Compared to an older sony cd player I was using in this little setup It does have a smoother more detailed sound with redbook cd's. With SACD media. Its really amazing. Well worth the 187 cost. I have to give the edge to SACD over HDCD. It's really a close call but the SACD has a bit more detail with out the digital crunch of crispness. HDCD has an advantage that an HDCD can be played in a regular cd player and still sounds better than redbook. SACD single layer can only play in the appropriate machine but there are a lot more titles on SACD for sure. This is all playing through an older Sony ES reciever that I use in the shop most of the time.
The 7 Pi's are sounding very very nice with too I might add. (must ve the horns:) I even picket up a copy of Mr Eulenspeigel's Merry Pranks!

Bill

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: One Pi as home studio monitor
Next Topic: One Pi/Two Pi driver level adjustment?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 05 02:43:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio