Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » New browser; looking for suitable kit for 8 watt 2A3PSE kit
New browser; looking for suitable kit for 8 watt 2A3PSE kit [message #40181] Thu, 06 February 2003 14:46 Go to next message
steebo is currently offline  steebo
Esquire
Hi

I am new to this forum.

I have just built a Hi FI World 2A3PSE tube kit (from the UK; I am British, but live in the states) and I now want to build a suitable high efficency, smallish (live in an apartment!) and easy to build kit. $400 or so. Is this do-able?

Thanks

Steve Vaughan

Speaker suggestions for 8 watt 2A3PSE amp [message #40194 is a reply to message #40181] Thu, 06 February 2003 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
If you need to build a pair of speakers in the $400.00 range, I suggest limiting your choices to the Studio Series one π, two π or two π tower speakers.

If you have $400.00 to spend on each speaker, then I'd also consider any of the Thermionic Series models, or the Theater Series four π or seven π Speakers. The Thermionic Series four's and seven's are probably too large, but the Theater Series four π and seven π Speakers and the Thermionic three's would probably suit you just fine.

Look around on this forum a litle bit and you'll see a lot of discussions and feedback about each of these speakers. Any of them should work well for you.

Re: Speaker suggestions for 8 watt 2A3PSE amp [message #40203 is a reply to message #40194] Fri, 07 February 2003 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steebo is currently offline  steebo
Esquire
Hi Wayne

Sadly, only $400 a pair to start with. Any chance of looking at some plans. I am good at soldering, but distinctly average at woodwork.......

Thanks

Steve

You've got mail! [message #40210 is a reply to message #40203] Fri, 07 February 2003 11:07 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: Baffle step correction
Next Topic: Wayne, you've got to see the Feb. issue of AudioXpress!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 09 16:20:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio