Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » three Pi kits
three Pi kits [message #40137] Tue, 04 February 2003 07:20 Go to next message
massappeal85 is currently offline  massappeal85
Chancellor
Whats included in the three Pi kits? Is the price shown on the website for a pair or a single unit? Could you email me plans (sorry if its trouble, I see you do this alot)?

Thanks!

Re: three Pi kits [message #40138 is a reply to message #40137] Tue, 04 February 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Sorry I forgot to specify, I meant the THEATER three pi kits. :)
You've got mail! [message #40142 is a reply to message #40138] Tue, 04 February 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I've sent the plans to your E-Mail address, but since you have a Hotmail account, they'll probably exceed your space limit. If that happens, I'd be happy to resend if you'll tell me a different place to send.

As for the contents of the kit, each contains enough parts to build one speaker, so for a stereo pair you'll need two. Kits include the speaker drivers, the connector panel, hook up wires, "π" logo decal and a printed copy of the plans. For larger speakers that incorporate a compression tweeter and crossover network, kits also include the crossover, tweeter compensation cable assembly, Zobel woofer damper, and all cable assemblies are completed and ready to install. Every kit containing a compression driver also includes the horn flare and the bolts to mount the driver to the horn.

Re: You've got mail! [message #40145 is a reply to message #40142] Tue, 04 February 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Sorry about that. Another email adress is at the bottom. I actually have a couple more questions.

I'm going with the Theaters cause I need something that can handle a 250w amp. Somehow I'm under an impression that some HT speakers are voiced differently for movies, but I'll only use these for music. Will these be just as fine with music as are your other speakers?

Second, the three pi and four pi have different sized woofers. The speaker guide on eminence's website says the Delta 12LF is good for being a subwoofer while it implies the delta 15 isn't as suited. Can I expect the same or more bass output from the four pi as the three pi?

If you could send me the FOUR theater pi plans instead of the threes, that'd be great. The email is lrapter@adelphia.net

Thanks so much for your time.

Re: You've got mail! [message #40146 is a reply to message #40145] Tue, 04 February 2003 14:56 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

>> I'm going with the Theaters cause I need something that can handle
>> a 250w amp.

That's perfect.

>> Somehow I'm under an impression that some HT speakers are voiced
>> differently for movies, but I'll only use these for music. Will
>> these be just as fine with music as are your other speakers?

Yes, π Theater Series are high-fidelity speakers. They are named "Theater Series" because they are perfect for home theater use, which almost always does "double duty" as high fidelity music speakers and as the sound system for movies.

>> Second, the three pi and four pi have different sized woofers.

That's right, yes. Three π's have 12" woofers and four π's have 15" woofers, regardless of the series.

>> The speaker guide on eminence's website says the Delta 12LF is
>> good for being a subwoofer while it implies the delta 15 isn't
>> as suited.

That's true too. The Delta 12LF is better suited for small enclosures too. You'll notice that the Theater Series three π is significantly smaller than the Theater Series four π speaker. The four π in this line needs the larger motor chamber volume in order to generate deep bass response.

>> Can I expect the same or more bass output from the four pi as the
>> three pi?

Both sound very similar, actually, and this is largely due to the vastly different size of the cabinets. But the three π is slightly better at hitting the very deepest notes, particularly when used with a powerful amplifier. The four π is better suited for systems using amplifiers having less power, such as the Class A tube amps that are becoming so popular.

>> If you could send me the FOUR theater pi plans instead of the
>> threes, that'd be great.

Check your mail. I've sent the plans to your E-Mail address.

Previous Topic: a small update
Next Topic: Plywood vs. MDF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 15:34:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout