Home » Audio » General » Positive Feedback Online
Positive Feedback Online [message #4013] Sat, 23 December 2006 14:38 Go to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Check this out folks:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue28/meanderings.htm
Merry Christmas to all, and Happy Holidays
-akhilesh

Re: Excellent! [message #4014 is a reply to message #4013] Sat, 23 December 2006 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Looking forward to reading your reviews.

Re: Excellent! [message #4015 is a reply to message #4014] Sat, 23 December 2006 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks Bill. Have enjoyed your reviews on Dagogo as well!

-akhilesh

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4016 is a reply to message #4013] Sat, 23 December 2006 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Excellent Akhilesh, you know my nickname for you is "golden ears" because me and a speaker builder friend of ours fried our ears out above 13K at 70's rock concerts + age has something to do with it, and we can only go by measurements, and we value your opinion a lot.
You and your Family have a Merry Christmas.
Bill W.

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4017 is a reply to message #4016] Sat, 23 December 2006 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks Bill. Don't know about the "golden years"...growing up in another country I did not attend as many concerts as I would have here, and this may have postponed my high frequency loss a bit.
Look forward to seeing you again soon!
-akhilesh

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4018 is a reply to message #4013] Sun, 24 December 2006 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Akhilesh, this is great news!

I am looking forward to your next installment of your meanderings.

This comfirms it, you are as crazy of an audio nutt as the rest of us.

I bet you are teaching your son's the love of music through your hobby like a good father would.

Have fun with a Happy Holiday season to you, your family, and to all at ART.

Norris

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4019 is a reply to message #4018] Sun, 24 December 2006 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Norris,
Thanks, and Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to your family as well. Yup, pretty crazy here. My sons just know enough to stay away from Dad's gear, but the 7 year old is learning the piano pretty well.
-akhilesh

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4020 is a reply to message #4013] Sun, 24 December 2006 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Nice work Akhilesh. I'm another knucklehead that has lost a good deal of hearing to excessively loud live music. Just have to love the constant ringing in my ears

I have to take exception with the statements: "While most of us are music lovers, in many cases, musicians tend not to worry about sound reproduction as excessively as we do" and "My opinion is that people who are intimately familiar with live music find it easier to make that cognitive jump from a poor reproduction to the actual performance".

As a previously working musician, most people I was in contact with in the live performance ring were exceptionally particular about the way their sound came across. Especially to guitar players, sound and "tone" is everything. That combined with "feel" is what translates to emotion for the crowd. I've heard myself recorded poorly and recorded well playing the same song and believe me the poor recording is unbearable to listen to. I realize that you are talking about reproduction and not the live performance, but for me they go hand-in-hand. If you are a live band that also records music, you don't want a recording that sounds like junk, because it won't typically sell worth a darn. Although it may be easier to make the jump between a recording and the live music because of familiarity with the peice, if it's recorded like junk it still sounds like junk and becomes quickly unlistenable for me and many I know.

Just my thoughts, FWIW.

BTW, I hope you and yours are having a great holiday season and I can't wait to hear what you have to bring to Dallas in the spring.

Cool! [message #4021 is a reply to message #4019] Sun, 24 December 2006 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
" but the 7 year old is learning the piano pretty well"

Re: Positive Feedback Online [message #4022 is a reply to message #4020] Sun, 24 December 2006 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks Shane. Merry Christmas & Happy holidays to you and yours as well.
I thnk if you put audiophiles in one set AND professional or even semi professional musicians in another set, you'll find little intersection.
That was my point, not that musicians are indifferent to how their instruments sound, just to what their home stereos sound like.
Just my opinion of course.
How is the 12b4 amp coming along?
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: Dear Santa list:
Next Topic: Happy New Year!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 06 18:35:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio