Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Question for those building Steve bench's tube crossover
Question for those building Steve bench's tube crossover [message #40024] Thu, 23 January 2003 09:38 Go to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
Can you describe for this tube newbie the power supply your using? Schematic would be most useful!

Thanks!

Garland

Re: Question for those building Steve bench's tube crossover [message #40025 is a reply to message #40024] Thu, 23 January 2003 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EZ_Angus is currently offline  EZ_Angus
Chancellor

Hey Garland: I am using the one that Steve recommends on his website, here's a link to the schematic:

http://members.aol.com/sbench101/PowerSupplies/supply1.gif

I have all the parts and a chassis fabricated for the x-over and this power supply, but have not begun assembly yet.

best, Kevin

Re: Question for those building Steve bench's tube crossover [message #40026 is a reply to message #40024] Thu, 23 January 2003 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
put your email up and I can scan an image to you. Just a redraw of the Eico HFT-94 AM tuner power supply. 6X4 full wave rectifier tube, and a cap input RC filter. Those 6DJ8's are running class A, and won't vary their current draw much during normal operation, so once you get a standard unregulated power supply "dialed in" it will hold the B+ steady anyway. I went with Solen polycaps for the 40,20, and 20uF caps needed. Let me know if you need it.
DC filament supply is straight from the ratshack book, using a 7806 3 term. regulator gives a clean 5.95vDC output. HEATSINK mandatory.
Hum problems were recently mentioned regarding this circuit, BTW...Sam
Re: Question for those building Steve bench's tube crossover [message #40033 is a reply to message #40024] Fri, 24 January 2003 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rusty Iron is currently offline  Rusty Iron
Esquire
Hi Garland,
I also used Steve Bench's supply#1 at his sight. Works very well. Dead quiet.
Regards,
Russ Stevens
Thanks, guys! [message #40034 is a reply to message #40024] Fri, 24 January 2003 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master

p/s and circuits in same chassis? [message #40035 is a reply to message #40033] Fri, 24 January 2003 05:27 Go to previous message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
Did you build them together on a single chassis? What size(s) did you use? How about some assembly tips (jacks isolated from chassis?). Thanks, Sam
Previous Topic: Hey Wayne! Didn't Nelson Faraday invent Baseball? (Way too long)
Next Topic: 2Pi port
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 12 13:21:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout