Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » sawdust foreplay
sawdust foreplay [message #39841] Fri, 10 January 2003 16:06 Go to next message
jlharden is currently offline  jlharden
Viscount
Hi Guys!

After many years in the construction trade I've made a career jump. For the last month or so I've been building handmade (oak,cherry,maple,walnut,hickory, etc.) furniture in the Amish area of east central Illinois. Only miles from my home is a mecca of furniture building among the Amish community. Now that I'm "in" I've found sources for veneered plywood and MDF and locally milled hardwoods I never knew existed. The possibilities look great. I'm getting ready to start on my 2 Pi tower cabinets. I'll be picking up my 3/4 cherry veneered MDF in the morning and will be working on them both in my home shop and shop at work which is much better equipped. My time is quite limited, but I'm really excited to get started! As Wayne can attest I've had the urge for a very long time. I'm really looking forward to joining the ranks of Pi owners. After the 2's I may have to work on my Seven Pro's that have been in progress for 2 1/2 years! Please feel free to pass along building tips. This will be my first speaker building attempt with pre veneered mdf. Can't be any harder that building furniture though, right?

Re: sawdust foreplay [message #39846 is a reply to message #39841] Fri, 10 January 2003 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Great to see you here Jerrod!

I'm anxious to see photos of your work. Post some pictures when you get done, will you?

Two Pi update [message #39853 is a reply to message #39841] Sat, 11 January 2003 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jlharden is currently offline  jlharden
Viscount
Picked up my cherry mdf this morning. After returning from the Illini game I proceeded to turn my large heavy sheet into many smaller pieces. These are going to weigh a ton! I'll be picking up a non veneered sheet of mdf tomorrow for the rear panel, front inner panel, top and bottom panels, and bracing. The rear will be cherry veneered after assembly, the front baffle will be double thickness with a natural cherry baffle and hardwood side moldings. The top and bottom will both receive a glued up panel of solid cherry. The speakers will be finished in a deep red with natural front baffle in a two tone cherry scheme under several coats of catalyzed laquer. I should take a few pics. Jerrod
Re: Two Pi update [message #39855 is a reply to message #39853] Sun, 12 January 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Wow, Jerrod -

Those sound like they're going to be excellent looking speakers!

I'm anxious to see 'em!

Yup! We wanna see pics,,, (nt) [message #39858 is a reply to message #39846] Sun, 12 January 2003 06:15 Go to previous message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
(nt)
Previous Topic: 2 Pi Tower Pictures
Next Topic: baffle cutout questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 13:27:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio