Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Really breaking the rules! Altec Model 19 specs?
Really breaking the rules! Altec Model 19 specs? [message #39804] Thu, 09 January 2003 16:10 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
May as well go for the Trifecta and post the question here a third time: anyone know the size of the woofer cab on the 19? I have the overall dimensions but I'm almost certain there are 2 cabs joined 'cause the total is 8.75 cu ft, too much methinks for the Altec 816a.
811 horns, 2226J woofs, baltic birch substrate for Honduran mahogany veneer, Fender Yellow/Oxblood tweed grill cloth; off the drawing board and on to M.A.F.
Have you seen this site from Russia?:

This might help [message #39807 is a reply to message #39804] Thu, 09 January 2003 17:25 Go to previous message
Robert Hamel is currently offline  Robert Hamel
Viscount
I have a short cut to the lansing site brochure

http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/altec/specs/home-systems/model-19/page1.jpg

When I built my XPL 200'S I wanted to maintain the original driver spacing so I scalled it from a photo. What you can do is use a picture editor too take a know dimension in pixels and use that to determine the unknown. If you knew the woofer diameter it would be easy using the brocures to figure out the height of the lower box. You already have the width and depth. Then you can calculate the volume to see if that make more sense.

Just in case you didn't already think of doing this.

Good luck

Previous Topic: Any known issues with Eminence APT super-tweeters?
Next Topic: 16 Ohm crossover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 05:15:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout