Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » any reccomend
any reccomend [message #39775] Tue, 07 January 2003 09:50 Go to next message
martin poulin is currently offline  martin poulin
Esquire
Yes i just finish my first set dht (based on the legacy amp by thorsten with few modification to psu {jj el84 tube}) I'm very pround and it sound best than i could imagine... (i made comparison between a modified marantz model 140 pushpull and a ss diy 10W class A se...)

now i would like to gain some power with a high effiency speaker. my current speaker are tdl rlt3 (2 1/2way, 90Db/1W/m)
I'm looking for good bass (even better than my tdl) and my priority is to have very good vocal (both female and male)

the music i listen is approx
75% jazz and blues
15% classical
5% rock
5% other

which series could be a good choice for me (thinking about theater, thermionic, stage and premium)
i also looking for hammerdynamic and afterburner

thanks

Re: any reccomend [message #39778 is a reply to message #39775] Tue, 07 January 2003 12:42 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The Studio Series two π and tower two π and the Theater Series four π and seven π loudspeakers have been the most popular with tube amp owners. Other suitable choices include the Thermionic Series and the Studio Series one π speakers. If your amplifier develops greater than 10 watts and has high quality output transformers, then you can consider any of the models to be good choices. But for low power SET amps, I think you'd be best staying with the models mentioned above.
Previous Topic: FRIED TWEETER!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! Need help with tweeter protector!!!!
Next Topic: what to do with my leftover Kappa 12"?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 16:34:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio