Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2 Pi Questions
2 Pi Questions [message #39681] Wed, 01 January 2003 14:54 Go to next message
Warped Mind is currently offline  Warped Mind
Esquire
Hello all,

I'm in the process of building my 2 Pi's and I have a really stupid question about the port length.

On the plans, is the listed 1 7/8" length the total length including going through the front 5/8" panel OR am I supposed to have 1 7/8" length total after going through the front panel (IE - the total length would be 2.5")?

I'm assuming the port length should be a total of 1 7/8" but I want be absolutely sure.

Also, what is the maximum power handling capabilities of the 2 Pi's?

Thanks,
-Mark

2 Pi Answers [message #39682 is a reply to message #39681] Wed, 01 January 2003 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Maximum continuous power the two π speaker can handle is 100wrms.

The port is 1.875" total length, which includes panel thickness. In other words, the length of the duct that extends past the panel should be 1.25". I like to glue the duct inside the panel because I think it looks better and also there is more surface area joining the duct with the panel, so it is more secure. But however you fasten the duct, make sure it's 1.875" in total length.

Re: 2 Pi Answers [message #39683 is a reply to message #39682] Wed, 01 January 2003 15:42 Go to previous message
Warped Mind is currently offline  Warped Mind
Esquire
Thanks Wayne!

Max power 100 watts? Hmmm. Somehow I just don't think that the Paramours I have on order will even come remotely close to that...

I was actually woundering if I could hook up the 2 Pi's to my 50 watt receiver to see how the Pi's sounded & maybe break them in a little until I get and assemble the Paramours.

That's good to know that I won't have to wait for the Paramours to get a taste of how all this work is going to turn out.

Now if I could just decided how I'm going to finish the speaker boxes (used particle board, and looking back on it now, I wish I had used Oak or something along those lines so I wouldn't have to deal with veneer or whatever I decided to slap on)...

Thanks again,
-Mark

Previous Topic: 2 pi tower plans request
Next Topic: speaker cover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 00:20:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers