Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » market value of ten pi's...
market value of ten pi's... [message #39612] Fri, 27 December 2002 13:09 Go to next message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey guys! Wayne specifically, I have a question for you.

I'm curious... My ten pi's have been sitting in storage for several months now. I had to strip them for some parts - namely the crossovers, horn lenses and compression drivers -, so they've been sitting for a while. I'm curious as to how much you think these are worth for resale if I happen to end up selling them. I've spent a TON of money on these, upwards of two grand after I get them painted and the dead cavities filled with expanding foam.

How much do feel these might be worth for resale? Rebuilt mint condition PSD-2002 compression drivers and Kappa 15LF woofers, also pretty new.

I don't have any plans to sell, I'm working on buying the replacement parts I need and getting them finished up for regular use, just curious. They are just so damn BIG! I couldnt' believe how much my room opened up after I took them out. lol.

Adam

Re: market value of ten pi's... [message #39618 is a reply to message #39612] Sat, 28 December 2002 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
As you've discovered, ten π's are pretty labor intensive, and so they command a premium price. As large format horns go, they're very serviceable, easy to assemble and repair. But this still doesn't make them anywhere near the simplicity of a bass-reflex or sealed direct-radiating loudspeaker.

In America, you won't find any cabinetmaker that will build these cabinets less than $600.00, and that's without any finish. When appropriately built with bracing, expansion foam and minimal finish, one should consider $1000.00 to be wholesale cost of an entry-level cabinet. They command much higher price than this when populated with good components and tastefully finished, so $2000-3000 for a complete system is a fair price.

Re: market value of ten pi's... [message #39623 is a reply to message #39618] Sat, 28 December 2002 21:16 Go to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Kewl! Thanks buddy.

Pretty good parts... I mean we're talking The Kappas', PSD 2002's, Dayton caps and coils for the crossover, mills resistors, painted and sanded finish with corner guards... I'm hoping if I do sell to pick up around 1600-1800 american for them. I don't think I'll be selling for a while or ever, though. I think it might be hard for someone to appreciate these speakers just buying on ebay. :/

Adam

Previous Topic: Survived the move and made a discovery
Next Topic: studio 1 pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 04:33:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers