Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » "phase loaded" woofer circa 1950's
"phase loaded" woofer circa 1950's [message #39481] Sat, 14 December 2002 15:57 Go to next message
Sam P. is currently offline  Sam P.
Grand Master
is shaking my LR apart! EV designed (well, maybe PWK) a system where the woofer faced the wall, and was in a sealed enclosure. Made for the bottom octave up to 300Hz.

So I took a EV 15 BWK woofer, put it in a spare 8 cu.ft./40Hz. jbl enclosure, and faced it towards the wall (about 6 inches away), near the only room corner. Driven by one of the LM 1875's in my pos dolby decoder/amp...AWESOME DEEP POWERFULL GUT SHAKING...can't wait for "The Lord of the Rings" movie in a few minutes. All bass boost "off", and the thing is going SO LOW. So now you all know what to do with your "coffee table"/jbl 4508's now. Sam

happy coincidence...an old Eico unbuilt kit I had has EXACTLY the right power tranny for building a 150 vDC tube rectified (mullard 6X4) power supply for the Pi-TAX. i'm wondering about reworking Steve's circuit to allow using 12AU7's, then the whole thing would be nos brit tubes, FWIW. Sam

Sweet! [message #39488 is a reply to message #39481] Sat, 14 December 2002 21:00 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yeah, that's a good configuration, always been my favorite.

Speaking of movies, I just got back from the new Star Trek movie, "Nemesis." Gotta love it, but I won't tell you anything more and spoil it for you.

Previous Topic: corner horns
Next Topic: Progress Report: This is Fun!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 13:36:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio