Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Midwest Audiofest 2003 prelim. info
Cheshire Cat Grin [message #39415 is a reply to message #39411] Mon, 09 December 2002 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: Midwest Audiofest 2003 prelim. info [message #39417 is a reply to message #39399] Tue, 10 December 2002 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
I'd love to sign on ASAP, but without a site map or some suggestion as to what to sign on for, I'm kinda lost.The link to the hotel is dead . . .

Help?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Keep your ears and your mind open.

Room scoop [message #39420 is a reply to message #39399] Tue, 10 December 2002 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I just reserved a room in addition to the room 504 Mike is holding for me. I wanted to have sort of a private room and a public room. So the hotel reserved 503 for me, but that means I may have taken too many slices of pie. Bad pun.

My point is that if I can get another room on the same floor, cool. But I don't want to take Bill or George's rooms, or anyone else that's hangin' out with us there. So if we run out of rooms on the fifth floor, I'll trade my room 503 for someone else's. It would be nice to have my second room nearby, but it can really be anywhere.

6th floor is a smoking floor [message #39421 is a reply to message #39420] Tue, 10 December 2002 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mikebake is currently offline  mikebake
Grand Master
if anyone needs that! Its about a 115 room hotel; I suspect we'll pretty well sell it out.................
What about the 1st floor? [message #39425 is a reply to message #39421] Tue, 10 December 2002 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
What about the first floor? Do you have any rooms there? Will there be any of our friends from the Audiofest setup there?

I ask because I'd really like to have a concrete slab if I'm going to bring anything that generates any bass. I've found that rooms with framed drywall construction sound pretty good if the slab is concrete, but second and third floors usually sound pretty "flabby." It's similar to the issue of raised floors over crawlspaces, which always cause nasty sounding problems.

So if I were to bring something like seven π's, what would be my chances setting them up somewhere with corners on the first floor? After all, seven π's over a hollow floor are like a big block in the rain.

Let me know your thoughts. If there is a demo room on the first floor, maybe it would be nice to let the big iron play there. What do you think?

Re: What about the 1st floor? [message #39426 is a reply to message #39425] Tue, 10 December 2002 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
There are rooms on the first floor in the Civic Center, with corners, but not many, and not necessarily all that optimum. If you want one of those, then I would recommend that you wouldn't need the demo suite. There are no hotel rooms on the ground floor, all lobby and such. There is one meeting room there, but that is for our group talks, etc.
"Ghostbuster gadgets" [message #39427 is a reply to message #39426] Tue, 10 December 2002 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I suspect I'll show up a day early and scope things out. I expect that it won't be a big issue, and that the 5th floor will be fine. I'm certainly not going to bring Ghostbuster gadgets to set everything up like a primadonna. I just wanted to know that the floors aren't forming resonant cavities, and your reassurance that they're not is good enough for me.
Re: What about the 1st floor? [message #39428 is a reply to message #39425] Tue, 10 December 2002 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
cant remember for sure. I think the hotel is spancrete construction type and there is a slab between all the floors. obviously not as dense as having earth under you, still pretty resiliant.

bill

Quiz [message #39433 is a reply to message #39402] Wed, 11 December 2002 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
I took the quiz, flunked it big time, need to do some reading ASAP. What an eye-opener.
Re: What about the 1st floor? [message #39438 is a reply to message #39428] Wed, 11 December 2002 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Grand Master
Yeah, slab between all floors, not ideal, but best we can do.
Previous Topic: who kidnapped adam?
Next Topic: What's your cure for daily 8 hours of Christmas music, I'm listening to...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 01:57:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio