Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hey Wayne Beyma 12cx in 6 Pi?
Hey Wayne Beyma 12cx in 6 Pi? [message #39404] Mon, 09 December 2002 15:31 Go to next message
metalman75 is currently offline  metalman75
Esquire
Hey Wayne
I have a pair of Beyma 12cx. Do you know if they would work well in 6 Pi's I'm itchin to try horns? they were in an Afterburner type cabinet but had to move them across the country. The only part I think may not work about the 6 Pi's is the tweeters already in the middle of the driver. If your willing to email me plans I would appreciate it (Metalman75@telusmail.net) If they are not suitable for the 6 Pi or 3 Pi I guess I will build Afterburners. I know I can build a great box but I dont understand the speaker response kinda stuff to well. Thanks for any advice and merry xmas to all.
Beyma 12cx in 6 Pi [message #39408 is a reply to message #39404] Mon, 09 December 2002 16:05 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I don't have any experience with the Beyma 12cx drivers. But I've heard good things about Beyma's and imagine they would work very well in a π loudspeaker design. But you wouldn't want a coaxial tweeter a in π cornerhorn. Use it in a standard bass-reflex instead.

Another issue is that all the plans are drawn for current production devices, specifically, those made by Eminence and JBL. As such, all the plans I have are optimal for their intended woofers, which may or may not be a good match for the Beyma 12cx. I would recommend that you enter the woofer's parameters into PiAlign and let it calculate cabinet dimensions for you.

I'd be happy to send the plans for a specific three π or six π model, but I think it would be best to do a little studying first. Download the PiAlign program and read the "readme.txt" file contained in the distribution archive. It is only a couple of pages long, so it won't take long to read and will familiarize you with how to run the program and what parameters are required. You'll use familiar T/S specs, with one exception, Qd = 1/Qts. Other parameters Vas = Vad and Vas = Vad, but all this is described in the "readme.txt" file, so I encourage you to read it and run the program. If you have any trouble, feel free to ask.

Previous Topic: cabinet makers, please help
Next Topic: JBL E-130/E-140 help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 17:19:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout