Home » Audio » General » November Dagogo equipment reviews are up
Re: November Dagogo equipment reviews are up [message #3937 is a reply to message #3936] Sat, 04 November 2006 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Duke is currently offline  Duke
Grand Master
Very nicely done!

Maybe next time you'll get to review some big speakers...

Seriously, those were among the top two or three speakers I heard at CES last year, and may well have been the very best.

I didn't get to listen for very long, so it was enjoyable reading your impressions. My initial impression was similar to yours - there was something incredibly life-like in the presentation. I appreciate your writing about the particular significance of the first impression, as I hadn't thought of that. Very good observation.

Your review alerted me to an error arising during my own brief audition: I thought I heard high frequencies coming from a higher elevation because of the appearance of the speaker. But more than likely that was just my imagination. You lived with the speaker for a long time and wrote, "There is never a hint of discontinuity between drivers and the sense that the sound comes from a single source is easily believable with eyes shut." I believe you! I think my eyes and feeble brain tricked me.

I thoroughly enjoyed your smoothly flowing, entertaining, highly informative and educational writing style. Thanks for going to the effort to do such a fine job!

Duke

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: audio crafters guild at RMAF
Next Topic: Marantz SM-6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 04 05:58:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects