Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Impeadance of Pi speakers using 1.6khz crossover
Re: Impedance of Pi speakers using 1.6khz crossover [message #39297 is a reply to message #39285] Sun, 01 December 2002 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne,
The part maybe you looked over when you said the midband is mostly 8 ohms would be with the 2226H, I am using the 2226J (16 ohm version), By the way, I swapped to the 16 ohms taps, swapped out the solid waste preamp and back with the Dynaco PAS. and everything started sounding good again. I will look into a Foreplay preamp instead of the Dynaco for the future. So, recapping this lessons learned for me, the JBL 2226J (16 ohm) with standard 1.6khz crossover(which is around 20 ohms, right Wayne) does do best on the 16 ohm taps.
On the Paramours though, use of the 8 ohm tap for the same setup yields best results.
By the way, TillE will be doing some woodwork for me and so he will have either a pair of 811B or 511B horns, and a pair of 806A drivers to put on them. I can't wait for him to put that together!!!
Take care all, Ron

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2Pi -3dB points revisited...
Next Topic: FS/FT JBL Professional Series Woofers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 09 22:22:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout