Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » TAD 2001 in a WoodHorn
TAD 2001 in a WoodHorn [message #39255] Wed, 27 November 2002 16:25 Go to next message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
I got the TAD 2001 drivers yesterday and had a chance today to change out one of the Eminences in the Martinelli Wood Horn in favor of the TAD. Actively x'd over at 1k from the woofer in a Pi Stu 2, the combo sounds freakin' awesome. Much sweeter than the Eminence coming in at 1200-1600 in the same horn. (Should be for the difference in cost!) TAD tweet in a woodhorn is a gorgeous combo.

Now if I could just get my schedule under control so I can get the assorted drivers to Garland's! Maybe this weekend . . .

Keep your ears and your mind open.

Sweet! [message #39256 is a reply to message #39255] Wed, 27 November 2002 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Thanks for writing your impressions. Those TAD drivers are really sweet, aren't they?

Just like hot rod car stuff, speed is directly proportional to investment so you can go as fast as your wallet allows! Of course there's always the issue of knowing where to spend the money to get the most out of your investment. In sound systems, the weakest link is almost always the speaker transducer, so buying quality motors is undoubtedly the single most important determiner of sound quality.

All that to say that I think you've put together the right stuff to make an outstanding loudspeaker system! I wish I could be there to see and hear it, so please post photos when time allows.

Re: Sweet! [message #39257 is a reply to message #39256] Wed, 27 November 2002 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
Wayne,

Thanks! Not especially deep impressions, at that, just recognition of a couple very strong elements working together.

I will certainly post pix of the system when it comes together. Actually, I may post a pic or two of the Franken-systems I've "assembled" just to get the feel of the drivers and active x so far. Amusing, if nothing else.

Have some Pi after the turkey, guys! It's the best part of Thanksgiving dinner, I think!. ;-)

Keep your ears and your mind open.

Re: Sweet! [message #39258 is a reply to message #39257] Wed, 27 November 2002 19:49 Go to previous message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
Looks like I may have to give TAD drivers a try sometime. Very happy to know they work well with the horn. Thanks for posting the info.

Everyone have a Great Thanksgiving.

best,

Bill

Previous Topic: 2 pi tower
Next Topic: 2 Pi plans please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 28 20:53:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio