Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » pi 7 and suitable driver,and wayne,dont u get tired of this lol
pi 7 and suitable driver,and wayne,dont u get tired of this lol [message #39158] Fri, 22 November 2002 02:54 Go to next message
portedmike is currently offline  portedmike
Esquire
1st Question: can i use any driver for pi7 corner loaded sub.
for example:

Fs=44hz
Q=0.2
Vas=(stiff)
efficient and low excursion
12inch.

and...

Fs=24hz
Q=0.35
Vas=113litres
Excursion=9mm
12inch.

i dont really have 4ft clear space even,wil i stil get some gain/?
but how much :-S

also,should i measure my room and guess the resonances?because its a bedroom,and its 1.9mwide,and approx 2x that in length.its low ceilings also.

2nd question : is the 6ft clear space reccomended alot,becase the 'response on the pispeakers site,show that the speakers by themselves are often -6db at 50hz for example...so i dont want that situation with no room gain because its crammed with furniture :-D

am i right saying that u can have much smaller boxes because the resonance can be higher ,using room gain?
and its simply a ported box ? with those side slots?

if so,send me some plans wayne :-D im interested in a few Db more effiency for free :-P
meanwhile,il test out the pi align program :)

Re: pi 7 and suitable driver,and wayne,dont u get tired of this lol [message #39161 is a reply to message #39158] Fri, 22 November 2002 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master

who makes the woofer that is in the picture on your web page.
nice piece of work.

Bill

pi 7 +1.9 metre wide room = loud headphones <eom> [message #39162 is a reply to message #39158] Fri, 22 November 2002 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rider is currently offline  Rider
Baron

Re: pi 7 and suitable driver [message #39166 is a reply to message #39158] Fri, 22 November 2002 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Well, any corner horn implementation is a generalization. The very nature of the design is one that takes advantage of a feature almost all rooms have - their corners. This provides an eighth space orientation, and it also forms a conical horn. But the other side of this is that every room is different, and that means any discussion about the design must be either generalized or room characteristics must be specified.

Certainly, the best room would be one with clear wall space from the corners, adjacent room boundaries would be rigid and opposing boundaries would be perfectly reflection-free, either open space or fully absorbent. Obviously, this is not the case. The adjacent boundaries aren't fully rigid, nor are the opposing boundaries absorbent. But I've found that homes with a concrete slab and framed drywall construction provide a good environment for cornerhorns. The drywall is lossy, and it and the insulation behind it tends to damp the room. That's probably the single biggest thing in small rooms, you really need this damping from walls that have some give. This damping smoothes room modes, making bass more uniform.

it looks funny so i put it there.... [message #39174 is a reply to message #39161] Fri, 22 November 2002 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
its a cheapie-

volfenhag or performance technique or somthing?/?
like 50 -80 US $

maybe here ,if ur lucky it was awhile ago..

affordable-caraudio.com

haha sounds like its 90hz peak or somthnig? :-D [message #39175 is a reply to message #39162] Fri, 22 November 2002 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
:-P
my subs already in corner,it dont sound that bad..:-D
Good Morning Vietman. [message #39195 is a reply to message #39175] Sun, 24 November 2002 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rider is currently offline  Rider
Baron

I wasn't thinking bad.

Do you remember in Good Morning Vietnam when Robin made up the interview with gun Sargent and he asked him what to play? He said he didn't care, just play it LOUD ???

I'm guessing the same can be said at your home :o.

Grant.

ur asking for it..! [message #39373 is a reply to message #39195] Fri, 06 December 2002 12:44 Go to previous message
Esquire
hahh thats not a very nice thing to say grant :'(

actualy,i prefer Low Q bass,no room walls buzing and midfi sound(whatever that is defined as)

does it make any diff u if u run ur NORMAL sub in the corner,then run a Pi 6 in the corner?? ???? ./cos i already have it there..
:-)

like i said,if that room sucks,i got 2others, 4.5x5.5m.

so there :-P

Previous Topic: JBL 4648A with SET's?
Next Topic: Crossover for the 604-8G
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 15:40:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers