Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2pi towers
2pi towers [message #39143] Thu, 21 November 2002 03:07 Go to next message
Colin is currently offline  Colin
Chancellor
Hi Wayne,
Would be very interested to see the plans for the 2pi towers. Is it possible to substitute another driver for the KSN1038 as I do not seem to be able to find them in the UK. I have found a Motorola CTS150, would this be an effective substitute?
Many thanks in advance.
You've got mail! [message #39145 is a reply to message #39143] Thu, 21 November 2002 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Check your E-Mail - I've sent plans for the Studio Series two π Speakers.

As for the KSN-1038 tweeters, there are several sources for CTS components in the U.K. Alternatively, we ship to Europe, so we can sell you the kits containing the tweeters.

Yes, but... [message #39149 is a reply to message #39145] Thu, 21 November 2002 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
Be carefull! Check out with the proper authorities what you'll have to pay in duty/taxes/whatever... Being from a country which is also a member of EU (Denmark) I've experienced quite nasty surprises with things shipped from the US. A dear friend of mine send me a Christmas present last year, worth $100 in original retail price - she also paid the shipping in advance of course. Before I could get it I had to pay something like $80 duty/consumertaxes/whatever... An effective price increase at 80%! Yuck! I would think with GB's a bit less robberylike taxing the price increase won't be that big - but it's worth checking out.

Sorry Wayne, I don't wanna spoil business for you! From what I've heard the Pi2's may well be worth the extra price - just wanna spare a fellow enthusiast some grief :(

Btw., have you thought of making a 'middle' version of the Pi2? Like a "Mini Tower" - a floorstander with a height at ~40" & an internal volume at ~2½ cu.ft. would do nicely I think :) Question is what the tuning frequency should be...

Import taxes (Can't we get 'em in the duty free?) [message #39151 is a reply to message #39149] Thu, 21 November 2002 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
CTS has distributors worldwide, so I think it should be easy to get. But if not, we could ship just those and probably the duties wouldn't be too bad.

About the Alpha 10, pretty much any volume from 1.4ft3 to 5.5ft3 tuned to 40Hz works well. Larger boxes yield greater bass extension.

Re: Import taxes (Can't we get 'em in the duty free?) [message #39156 is a reply to message #39151] Fri, 22 November 2002 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oscarl is currently offline  Oscarl
Chancellor
Check out the following for the parts you need.
http://www.stage-electrics.co.uk/webcat?2958 (for the Alpha 10) http://www.allangordon.co.uk (you may need to contact them as the 1038 does not appear on their website)
Hope it helps
Re: Import taxes (Can't we get 'em in the duty free?) [message #39157 is a reply to message #39156] Fri, 22 November 2002 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vladimir4 is currently offline  vladimir4
Chancellor
Hi, ksn-1038 could be also pourchased from local Monacor distributor:
I used one in Czech Repoblic for my 2pi's.
v.

Re: Import taxes (Can't we get 'em in the duty free?) [message #39163 is a reply to message #39157] Fri, 22 November 2002 13:19 Go to previous message
mollecon is currently offline  mollecon
Master
Yes Vladimir, I should have mentioned that too - & Monacor have well spread distribution over most part of Europe I think. I have their main catalogue on CD-ROM, ordered it recently - need to check it out for 10" units.

Btw., Thx for your answer Wayne.

Previous Topic: 2 pi tower insulation thickness
Next Topic: 2226/2426 compensation values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 18 18:40:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers