Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 1 Pi update, brief review
1 Pi update, brief review [message #39115] Mon, 18 November 2002 22:29 Go to previous message
crazychile is currently offline  crazychile
Baron
I've had my 1 pi's up and running for about a month now. Because the sound room isn't finished in the new house I have had them in my home office where I spend most of the day. They have no bass, but what is there is really good with my Wright 2A3 monos, pre and new Sony C222Es cd. There is some really fine detail coming through these little guys! maybe it is the xoverless design, I don't know. These would make great nearfield monitors as thats pretty much how i listen to them. I have my back turned to them in the sweet spot while I sit at my desk and I find myself turning around and saying, "what the hell was that? A new sound out of an old recording? I believe that these things do break in. The brightness that I heard has mellowed out and the midrange came forward. If you are reading this and want to build a first set of speakers, then build these! - Or the 2 Pi towers, they seem like they would correct my criticism about the lack of bass.

Eat Mo' Hot Sauce,
crazychile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Box sizes
Next Topic: "corner horns"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 13:38:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects