Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Fotos of my visit to the Speakerman57
Fotos of my visit to the Speakerman57 [message #39095] Sun, 17 November 2002 16:50 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Moved the pix over to my website; HP sucks! Go to the third page of fotos.
And Ron wouldn't tell you this himself but he's quite a horse trader. If you see something, e-mail him but you'd better have something cool and old. No wives, please.
Merry Pranks Website
Re: Fotos of my visit to the Speakerman57 [message #39096 is a reply to message #39095] Sun, 17 November 2002 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Thanks for posting the photo's of your visit to Ron's place! He's got some really cool stuff there, looks like.

Please point him to my tube radio web page. There are some things there that are "cool and old." I still wish I'd picked up that Hallicrafter you pointed out to me, but a friend here in Tulsa has a couple and I'm gonna buy his. So that was a lucky find.

Another lucky find is that he brought over two huge boxes of NOS tubes - still in their cardboard boxes! So I bought a couple hundred tubes of various kinds. I'll have to go through and catalog them sometime. Everything there from the two-digit tubes (like "45") of the early years to the miniature tubes of the 50's. What a deal!

Now if I can just talk him out of his 426 Hemi engines and his Dana 44 differentials...

Hemi's in a Olds? [message #39098 is a reply to message #39096] Mon, 18 November 2002 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuxmanLover is currently offline  LuxmanLover
Master
Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!! mind you ...you could shave your head and look like Vin Diesel in that rig....lol
Kelly

How 'bout in a Volga?!! [message #39102 is a reply to message #39098] Mon, 18 November 2002 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I wasn't planning on putting the hemi's in the Olds. That car is pretty much done, and it's already had some inter-breeding. It's got a Ford nine inch rear end, Mouser rear axles, B&M TH400 transmission and Wilwood 13" disc brakes all the way around. The engine is an Olds 455, but it has Edelbrock aluminum heads, Comp roller cam and a grocery list of other non-factory goodies.

But I just can't help but think of good uses for those Mopar parts. For years, I've been talking about putting some "heavy metal" in a Russian Volga.

1967 Volga

It looks pretty plain here, but I think it would be really unique to see one of these with a blower sticking up through the hood and shortened rear end to fit huge "wrinkle wall" back tires. Kicking and bucking at the staging lights, logo that says "Волга" (Volga) would be very unusual and cool. Even paint it pearl black and put small words on the trunk lid, "Меxаническая Перегрузка," which means "mechanical overload" in Russian.

Cool, huh?!! That would turn heads at the Saturday evening track!

Grudge Match [message #39106 is a reply to message #39102] Mon, 18 November 2002 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
If you ever get it done I'll have to run you with my El-Camino....no blower but it has a +.030 454 with dual 660 Holleys and a pro-shifted Super T10 Borg Warner going into a narrowed 9" with Mark Williams axles with polished Cragar ST's all round with 14-32 Goodyears. Last time I ran it, she ran a 10.70 at 127mph......wheels up, lets go....the good old days....too much mulla to race now ...it's just a expensive shelf at the moment.....I'll scan some pics and send them to you.
Kelly

Sweet! [message #39108 is a reply to message #39106] Mon, 18 November 2002 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's killer stuff! 10.70 is a respectable time, is it a grocery getter? I've got 3.25 rear-end gears, so you beat me in the quarter mile by a full second, maybe a little more. But I'm set for the street and highway is no problem up past double the posted limit, which of course I never do. ;-)
Re: Fotos of my visit to the Speakerman57 [message #39109 is a reply to message #39095] Mon, 18 November 2002 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
WOW, what a collection. how do you even decide what to listen to.
lot's of cool stuff

Bill Martinelli

She's full race [message #39110 is a reply to message #39108] Mon, 18 November 2002 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
I used to keep it at a freinds acreage that was 2 miles from the track. On Sundays, all the guys with cars at Bernies (rails too) would hot foot it to the track.....At 8 grand with 32 inch tires and 5.38's on a Strange spool she would do over 150mph...can't remember exact calulation......it was serious tunnel vision......the church crowd would wonder what heck went flyin' by.....lucky no one got busted or blew a tire!!!!!I did smoke a gopher once (I wasn't swervin at that speed) and had a flat slick from a tooth or a bone or something.....it went flat slowly fortunately....you ever clean gopher guts from a wheel tube....not pretty...lol
Kelly
Strange Engineering [message #39116 is a reply to message #39110] Mon, 18 November 2002 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's seriously cool stuff. 5.38 gears, huh? Yeah, you'd have me by a second or two for sure. Mine's a grocery getter, but she's strong and makes me proud.

Our local track is still running strong, we have great attendance here and every Saturday night from around March to November brings 'em out. And not everyone is running 2 liters - some big American iron still runs - and even those that are in the little rice rockets sometimes have cool stuff.

We also have the Spring Nationals in April that usually brings out the big names every year. And speaking of Strange, I always loved the name "Strange Engineering" and the cars they sponsored. Every time I'd see the truck, I'd get visions of "weird science" inside and on the car, and you know, that's not far from the truth!

Remember Moon Eyes?

Saskatchewan International Raceway [message #39125 is a reply to message #39116] Tue, 19 November 2002 09:19 Go to previous message
Master
Or SIR for short, is a rather "slow" track. It was repaved about 5 years ago and has been greasy ever since. Cars that have traveled to better tracks such as Mission picked up 7/10th's to a full second?
I'll never know as I'm contemplating selling the old sled......not too happy about that.
Kelly
Previous Topic: Delta 15 box??
Next Topic: Box sizes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 11:21:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers