Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Anyone used the Selenium D3300TI comp. driver?
Anyone used the Selenium D3300TI comp. driver? [message #39079] Sat, 16 November 2002 04:52 Go to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
I've been wondering if you might get slightly higher extension which is the only area I could see improving my Theater 4's. How do these drivers compare sonically to the Eminence PSD2002?

G.

Re: Anyone used the Selenium D3300TI comp. driver? [message #39080 is a reply to message #39079] Sat, 16 November 2002 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Garland!

A couple of people have mentioned this driver, and the specs look great. I've not had any experience with this driver - or the any of Selenium's parts for that matter - except to run the numbers on a few of their products and suggest how I might implement them. Second hand reports were very good.

Take care!

Wayne

I haven't , but noticed... [message #39081 is a reply to message #39079] Sat, 16 November 2002 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
some very comprehensive data on their site, do you have the PDF on this thing. Incredible, but the FR curve is from the tight coverage shorty horn. go to the site and notice the horn it is measured on and its coverage pattern (45 degrees & they even have polar plots). This is a 5" long horn! wish I knew enough about horns to guestimate how it would do on a bigger, wider coverage horn. They do have response graph for a plane wave tube so you could compare this to other drivers without the differences in horns getting in the mix. I did notice that this driver looks remarkably like the JBL 2447 on a plane wave tube. Perhaps the Selenium would be also be similar to the 2447 on the JBL 2352 bi-radial horn. see it at

http://www.jblpro.com/pages/pub/components/2447.pdf

If you just want the sparkle without the high power capabilities and big SPL you may want to check into Radian 475. also search the high efficiency speaker forum for it. I have read that it plays very high and costs very low. (ask me after Christmas how I like mine)
Thomas

How low is low..... [message #39087 is a reply to message #39081] Sun, 17 November 2002 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuxmanLover is currently offline  LuxmanLover
Master
Who sells Radian parts ...I didn't find a price list or dealer info on their site?
Kelly
150 bucks ea. [message #39091 is a reply to message #39087] Sun, 17 November 2002 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Hi Kelly
Image Communications sells them for $150.00
They are in Illinois somewhere. you can reach them at 800-552-1639

I ordered headphones from them once and was pleased with speed, service and the lowest price. I thought they had a web site ,but I cannot find it now. Some have said that since they are not a distributor that they only sell to businesses, and one suggested to pretend one was a commercial customer. I did not pretend to be anybody, but it won't hurt to have them sent to Luxmanlover attn. Kelly. (or if your boss doesn't mind ship them to work) I had no such issue with them, or it didn't come up.

later,
Thomas

Hmmmmm... [message #39092 is a reply to message #39091] Sun, 17 November 2002 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuxmanLover is currently offline  LuxmanLover
Master
Are we talkin' about the Radian 475 or the Selenium...I was actually interested in the Radian?
Kelly

Yes, Radian &.... [message #39093 is a reply to message #39092] Sun, 17 November 2002 14:43 Go to previous message
Master
Sorry for the confusion Kelly

I forgot that I had typed in the field when I chose "remember password". apparently it remembered everything. whoops! LOL

Image Communications is the best and cheapest source for Radian parts that I am aware of. It also appears that they have all sorts of horns and other goodies, so make sure they send you the catalog.

Previous Topic: Speakerman57's house/museum
Next Topic: A fun evening!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 01:33:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout